Description of the image

Guitar Tune-up

 In preparation for this project, I brought my acoustic in for a tune up by an expert in town.  I knew it had a few strings that were buzzing, which I had attributed to playing so hard...especially since it is my songwriting guitar.  It turns out that there were multiple frets that had been raised, and other pieces were loose and needed tightening.  Plus, the neck had to be adjusted to allow more room.  He also convinced me to put on medium thick strings.  I picked up my guitar yesterday and played it.  The sound is a heck of a lot more full, and there is less clanging .  I especially noticed that the buzzing on the strings is gone.  When I drop the strings to the tuning of Drop C, I have to be a lot less lazy about how I play the chords, but I'm able to play without the buzzing.

Who tunes their acoustic to Drop C sometimes?  I do I do!  I also use Drop D, but I also do use standard tuning.  It all depends on what the song needs.  There are lots of tunings out there, but these are the three that I enjoy the most.

Popular posts from this blog

My First Post

Acoustic Influences

Lyrical Surprise