Description of the image

My First Post

 Hi, everyone!

This blog is about my acoustic journey.

I’m The Sound Ninja.  I’m a songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and recording artist from Minnesota USA who plays everything you hear in my music unless a featured artist is noted.  I have a couple full-length albums and a bunch of singles out on all the major streaming platforms, plus Bandcamp.

Pretty recently, I’ve started working on a new heavy rock / metal project with my friend from England you may know as Operation Neptune Spear, and we call ourselves Minus Context.  We are working on a full-length album, and we have a ways to go.

That brings me to the purpose of this blog.  With all of the super heavy, blasting and facemelting music that we are working on as Minus Context, sometimes I personally really like to have a cool down.  Some of my favorite music ever made is by the heavy rock artists that step back and play a moody ballad.

That being said, I’m going to start working on a fully acoustic album with just myself and my Ibanez 6-string…alongside my journey with Minus Context.  I will record one song at a time, each one being added to the album as it is completed…on Bandcamp only.  There will be original songs of my past, plus new songs if that’s where my motivations go.  Songs of the past will definitely get a different feel in this setting, and I can already feel a few songs getting a different hard-hitting version without the full band.

The album is called “Light in the Shadows” and the art work is on the main page.  Once the first song is released, the album will be embedded as streamable next to the album art.

I will be posting about my song writing and recording progress, my thoughts about it, and whatever else comes to mind.  This is meant to be fun, and hopefully I can reach others who have also have such a strong passion for music.  Music is meant to be shared with others, and I believe it creates a human connection in ways that nothing else can.

Popular posts from this blog

Acoustic Influences

Lyrical Surprise